At APL, we are IN LOVE with anything that makes us taste Spring/Summer! This minty, limey fresh Quinoa Salad is the key to doing just that. Try it and Tweet us photos with hashtags: #APL and #ApricotQuinoaSalad in it!
Ingredients for the Quinoa:
- 3 Cups Water (for boiling quinoa)
- 1 Cup Quinoa, uncooked
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt (for boiling quinoa, so it doesn’t stick)
- 4 Cups Romaine, thinly sliced
- 1/3 Cup Dried Apricots (about 10), quartered
- 1/3 Cup Golden Raisins
- 1/4 Cup Raw, Unsalted Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Green Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 Cup Parsley, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro, chopped
- 2 TB Mint, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
Ingredients For the Dressing:
- 1/2 tsp Lime Zest
- 3 TB Lime Juice
- 2 TB Mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1 TB Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Jalapeno Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cumin, ground
- 1/4 tsp Coriander, ground
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- Cook the quinoa according to the directions – drain and set aside in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients into the bowl and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients- drizzle it over the prepared quinoa salad and mix well.
- Serve room temperature!